Friday, July 10, 2009

Thanksgiving Door Hanger



I made this door hanger for my partner in BOAB #2 on the Cricut message board. Her favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. Here is what I used:

Supplies:

  • Door hanger (I purchased mine from a local craft store)
  • acrylic paint ( I used brown, orange, gold, and cream)
  • paint brush
  • sponge
  • mod podge
  • foam brush
  • card stock
  • ribbon
  • Colorbox pigment ink in chestnut brown and brown
  • Cricut Design Studio
  • Cricut Pooh and Friends
  • Cricut Pooh Font

Step 1 - paint the door hanger using brown acrylic paint. I used 3 coats allowing to dry between each coat.

Step 2 - sponge paint using orange, gold, and cream paint; allow to dry.

Step 3 - Usinging Design Studio and Pooh Font cartridge, select marker font and type "Give Thanks" at 1 inch and weld the letters together. Type this again using marker shadow feature and weld these letters.

Step 4 - Cut these shapes from Pooh and Friends cartridge: basket cut @ 2 1/4 inches ( I cut off the apples), veggies cut @ 2 inches four times (1x in green, red, orange, and yellow), leaves cut @ 1 1/4 inches seven times ( 3x in brown, 1x in red, orange, and yellow), pumpkins cut @ 2 1/4 inches four times ( 1x in green, orange, light orange, yellow orange)

Step 5 - Use Colorbox chestnut brown ink to ink the basket and brown to ink the veggies, leaves, and pumpkins.

Step 6 - Coat the door hanger with Mod Podge, glue down all the Cricut cuts, then cover again with Mod Podge. ( I covered it 2 more times allowing it to dry after each coat) When dry I added the ribbon.

http://www.cricut.com/
http://www.todaysmama.com/

No comments: