Saturday, August 29, 2009

Card Set and Door Hanger

Here is a card set and door hanger I made for a swap that I am participating in.





I found the directions for this card box from Split Coast Stampers. I love this paper. I found it at Hobby Lobby. I used Accent Essentials for the scalloped squares and Opposites Attract for the "K".
I altered this door hanger for my partner. I painted this with acrylic paint in sky blue. I cut the snowman from Stretch Your Imaginations using the shadow feature. I added an orange gem for the nose and used Rain Dots for the eyes, mouth, and buttons. I added snow flakes using white acrylic paint. I used Modge Podge to glue the snowman onto the door holder. I then added snow using wall spackling. I just frosted it on and waited for it to dry. Once dry, I painted it with white acrylic paint. I then used Modge Podge to cover the whole thing and sprinkled Martha Stewart glitter while it was wet. Once dry I added a ribbon and snowflake. I really like the way this came out.

No comments: