Saturday, January 31, 2015

Outta This World ~ Clean & Simple Cards Day 2

If you are looking for the Craftin Desert Divas January Release Blog Hop Day 1 click HERE or scroll down.


As I mentioned earlier this week I am taking the Clean & Simple Cards 4 from Online Card Classes. I am loving all the fun techniques I am learning! If you have never checked out Online Card Classes I highly recommend it. There are many to choose from and I plan on taking some more classes in the near future.

Today's card is from Day 2 of the class. It features in the Border Gap Die Cutting and Masking technique.


I love how this card came out. It is a very simple technique. To create my gaps I used the Fancy Edges 2 dies from My Craft Spot. These are no longer available but I am sure you can find something similar elsewhere. Once I had my cuts I masked off what I didn't want inked. I used Tim Holtz Distress inks in Fired Brick, Wild Honey, and Squeezed Lemonade to create my ray.


I stamped the spaceship from Peachy Keen Stamps PK-166 Happy Trails Spaceship and colored it with Copic Markers. I added some white gel pen accents and some Glossy Accents to the window. Around the spaceship I added some silver sequins. I thought they were the perfect little somethin' somethin' the card needed.


My sentiment is from the same Peachy Keen Stamps set. I just heat embossed it with clack embossing powder.

I popped up my panel with some foam tap and the card was finished!


This was so fun!

I hope to have more for you very soon!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Wiebke Kommerell said...

Saundra, I love everything on your card: the stamp, the color-combination and the clear layout-design. The gaps look a little bit like radio-waves. :-)
You made your daily OCC-lesson with best-grade!

The last 12 days (during class-time) I didn't find enough time to visit all the amazing OCC-participant-blogs - but now I will catch up. Better late than never! :-)